Sunglasses for women with small frame sizes
Different frame shapes and sizes of sunglasses emphasise certain facial features by softening or enhancing them. So women can choose to wear small, medium or large sunglasses depending on their face shapes and face sizes.
Face size measurement for small frames
To measure a face size, one can hold a ruler horizontally across the face in front of a mirror and calculate the distance between the right and left sides of the face, where the temples lie. Face sizes are calculated in inches. Small sunglasses frames are ideal for faces that are about 4.5 inches wide.
Size measurements for small frames
Sunglasses frames sizes are calculated in millimeters. The frame sizes for small shades are determined by calculating the following features:
- Eye Size - The width of a lens measured horizontally is known as the eye size. The eye sizes of small-sized frames range from 49 mm to 54 mm.
- Bridge Size - The bridge size is the distance between the lenses of the pair of shades. For small frame sizes of women's goggles, this ranges from 20 mm to 21 mm.
- Temple Size - The temple size is calculated from the end-points to the temple tips in a straight line. Small sunglasses frames have temple sizes ranging from 140 mm to 150 mm.
Best sunglasses with small frame sizes
- Round Sunglasses - These retro goggles for women come with many modifications. Some have thick-rimmed frames while some have slightly upswept edges for a feminine appeal. Women with square faces can easil y wear small round shades that soften their prominent jawlines and cheekbones. These small round sunglasses come in 49 mm to 50 mm eye size, 20 mm to 22 mm of bridge size and 140 mm to 145 mm of temple size.
- Cat-eye Shades - Cat-eye sunglasses with small frame sizes have embellishments on the frames and beautiful designs on the temples. These highly fashionable shades are perfect for oval and square face shapes, and they come in 50 mm to 54 mm eye size, 13 mm to 20 mm bridge size and 135 mm to 140 mm temple size.