Sunglasses for women with large frame sizes
Large shades look inevitably glamorous and so they continue to be the trend among women. The different frame shapes of sunglasses are for specific face shapes and they either enhance or soften one's facial features. Certain frames, however, can outdo one's style quotient. So it is also important to consider the frame size as well as the face size to find an ideal fit.
Face size measurement for large frames
The size of one's face is determined by calculating the distance, in inches, between the right and left edges of the face where the temples rest. Large-sized shades are ideal for medium and large faces sizes - faces that are about 6 inches wide.
Size measurements for large frames
The frame sizes of goggles for women are measured in millimeters. The measurements of large-sized frames are determined by:
- Eye Size - The width of a lens calculated horizontally is known as the eye size. Most large sunglasses frames have 57 mm to 59 mm eye size.
- Bridge Size - The bridge size is the distance between the lenses. In large sunglasses, it ranges from 14 mm to 17 mm.
- Temple Size - Temple size is the distance from the end-points to the temple tips, measured in a straight line. Most of the large goggles for women have 140 mm to 145 mm of temple size.
Best sunglasses with large frame sizes
- Round Shades - Round sunglasses with large frames complement women who have square or oval face shapes. These vintage-looking goggles soften the dominant cheekbones of square-shaped faces. Large round shades for women have 56 mm to 58 mm eye size, 15 mm to 22 mm bridge size and 140 mm to 145 mm of temple size.
- Cat-eye Goggles - Cat-eye goggles with large frame sizes have been highly fashionable since the 1950s. These glamorous, retro-looking shades complement women who have square and oval face shapes. For women who have square faces, cat-eye goggles with large frames also work as they sharpen the prominent cheekbones and jawline. Large cat-eye shades have 55 mm to 58 mm eye size, 13 mm to 17 mm bridge size and 134 mm to 140 mm temple size.