Sunglasses for men with medium frame sizes
Men's sunglasses come in small, medium and large frame sizes and many frame shapes. While certain frame shapes complement specific face shapes, it is important to know the right face size for the perfect fit. For example, aviator-shaped sunglasses complement men with square faces, but if the frames were too large or too small, it would be uncomfortable to wear them and would undo one's style quotient to a large extent.
Face size measurement for medium frames
To determine the correct face size, one has to measure the distance between the right and left sides of the face where the temples rest. The distance is measured in inches, and medium-sized shades are a perfect fit for faces that are 4.5 inches to 5.75 inches wide.
Size measurements for medium frames
The frame sizes of sunglasses are measured in millimeters. The measurements of medium-sized frames can be determined by -
- Eye Size: The width of the lens calculated horizontally is called the eye size. Medium sunglasses frames have 54 mm to 58 mm eye size.
- Bridge Size: The bridge size is the distance between the lenses. The bridge sizes of medium sunglasses range from 14 mm to 18 mm.
- Temple Size: The distance from the end-points to the temple tips in a straight line is called the temple size. Medium-sized sunglasses frames have 135 mm to 140 mm of temple size.
Best sunglasses with medium-frame sizes
- Wayfarer Sunglasses: The wayfarer-shaped shades complement many face shapes and the medium-sized ones are the most common style accessory. By complementing the round and oval face shapes of men, these sunglasses have about 51 mm to 54 mm eye size, 17 mm to 18 mm bridge size and 140 mm to145 mm of temple size.
- Aviator Shades: The ultimate style accessory for men, aviator-shaped sunglasses come in small, medium and large frame sizes. Aviator-shaped shades with medium-frame sizes are the most common among men. Faces with square shapes are ideal for aviator-shaped frames and these frames soften the prominent cheekbones and jawlines. The medium-sized aviator-shaped goggles have 58 mm to 59 mm eye size, 13 mm to 14 mm bridge size and 135 mm to 145 mm temple size.