Frame sizes for Men
Sunglasses come in small, medium and large frame sizes for different face shapes and face sizes. Apart from finding a suitable frame shape, that suits his style, one must also be clear about the size of the frame to ensure it fits well, according to the size of his face.
Face Shapes of Men
Not every frame shape complements the different face shapes. Here are the most common face shapes along with the frame types that will suit each:
- Round : Trapezoidal and rectangular frames suit rounded face shapes well.
- Oval : Most silhouettes complement this face shape. But rectangular goggles are the perfect pair for an oval face shape.
- Square : Men with square faces have a noticeable jawline. Rounded and oval frame shapes along with the aviator and the clubmaster styles of sunglasses go well with this face shape.
Sunglasses frame sizes come in three categories - small, medium and large, and the sizes are measured in millimetres. To determine the frame size for an ideal fit, one has to measure the following:
- Eye Size: It is the width of the lens that is calculated horizontally from the outer lens edge. Different frame styles of shades have different sizes. Lenses with different eye sizes range from 40 mm to 60 mm.
- Bridge Size: The bridge size is the distance between the lenses, and the sizes of the bridge ranges from 14 mm to 25 mm.
- Temple Size: To measure the size of the frames of sunglasses, it is also important to measure his temple size. The distance in a straight line from the end-points to the temple tips determines the temple size. The temple size ranges from 120 mm to 150 mm.
One can measure his face size and find the ideal pair of sunglasses by simply holding a ruler across his face and measuring the distance between the right and left edges, where the temples rest. This distance is measured in inches. Small frames are ideal for face sizes that are about 4.5 inches. Medium-sized frames are for face sizes that are about 4.5 inches to 5.75 inches, and large frames are for face sizes that are about 6 inches wide.