Sunglasses for women with medium frame sizes
With several frame shapes of sunglasses available for women, it is important to consider the sizes of the frames as well as the face. Medium-sized sunglasses are quite common as most women have a medium face size.
Face size measurement for medium frames
Face sizes are calculated by measuring the distance from the right edge of the face to the left edge, where the temples rest. Face sizes are measured in inches, and the ones that are 4.5 to 5.75 inches wide are ideal for medium-sized sunglasses.
Size measurements for medium frames
The measurements of medium-sized frames are in millimeters and are determined by calculating the following aspects:
- Eye Size - It is the width of a lens that is measured horizontally. Most medium-sized frames have 50 mm to 62 mm eye size.
- Bridge Size - The distance between the lenses is referred to as the bridge size. Medium-sized sunglasses frames have 17 mm to 20 mm bridge size.
- Temple Size - It is the distance between the end-points to the temple tips in a straight line. Medium-sized sunglasses frames have 140 mm to 145 mm of temple size.
Best sunglasses with medium frame sizes
- Cat-eye Shades: A vital accessory for fashionable women, cat-eye sunglasses with medium frame sizes complement mostly the square and oval face shapes. Medium-sized cat-eye shades have about 51 mm to 54 mm eye size, 19 mm to 20 mm bridge size and 135 mm to 145 mm temple size.
- Round Shades: Round sunglasses with medium-sized frames are the most common among women who have a square or an oval face shape. Round shades soften the prominent jawlines of women with square-shaped faces while these medium-sized sunglasses frames sharpen the cheekbones of women who have oval-shaped faces. The medium-sized round goggles have about 51 mm to 53 mm eye size, 18 mm to 21 mm bridge size, and 135 mm to 142 mm temple size.