Frame sizes for Women
Sunglasses for women come in large, medium and small frame sizes for the different face shapes. It becomes important to measure one's face size to determine which frame size would be the perfect fit.
Face Shapes of Women
Certain frame shapes of sunglasses for women go with specific face shapes. Depending on their shapes, the frames either soften or sharpen facial features. The most common face shapes for women are:
- Oval : Women who have an oval face shape have wide cheekbones while the jawlines and forehead are narrow. Many different sunglasses frame shapes complement this face shape.
- Square : Women who have a square face shape have strong jawlines and cheekbones. Sunglasses frame shapes such as aviators, round, or oval soften these prominent facial features in women.
- Round : Women with round-shaped faces have wide cheekbones, forehead and jawline. Shades with rectangular frame shapes soften the facial features while rounded cat-eye shades enhance the wide jawline and cheekbones.
The different frame sizes of women's shades are measured in millimeters. For an ideal frame fit, one has to measure the following:
- Eye Size: The width of a lens calculated horizontally is referred to as the eye size. The lenses from small to large eye sizes range from 49 mm to 60 mm.
- Bridge Size: The distance between the lenses is called the bridge size. Women's shades have a bridge size of 16 mm to 20 mm.
- Temple Size: The temple size is the distance measured from the end-points to the temple tips in a straight line. Temple sizes for women's goggles range from 140 mm to 150 mm.
To measure the size of the face before getting a pair of goggles, one simply has to hold a ruler horizontally across the face and calculate the distance from the right edge of the face to the left edge, where the temples generally rest.