Sunglasses for men with large frame sizes
While there are plenty of frame shapes available for men, sunglasses come in three broad categories of sizes - small, medium and large. Different sunglasses frames can either sharpen or soften one's facial features and it is important to determine the right frame size for the perfect look. Large sunglasses are the latest trend in eyewear fashion among men and several classic pairs such as aviator-shaped shades and wayfarer-shaped goggles have been reiterated into large frames.
Face size measurement for large frames
The distance between the right and left edges of the face, where the temples sit, determines the correct face size. With the distance calculated in inches, large-sized goggles are ideal for faces that are about 6 inches wide.
Size measurements for large frames
Sunglasses frame sizes are calculated in millimeters and the measurements of large-sized frames can be defined by -
- Eye Size: It is the width of the lens that is measured horizontally. Large sunglasses frames have 59 mm to 62 mm of eye size.
- Bridge Size: The distance between the lenses is referred to as the bridge size. Bridge sizes of large sunglasses range from 10 mm to 14 mm.
- Temple Size: The distance in a straight line from the end pieces to the temple tips is known as the temple size. Sunglasses with large frames have 135 mm to 140 mm temple size.
Best sunglasses with large frame sizes
- Wayfarer Goggles: The wayfarer-shaped goggles are widely worn by men as they suit almost all face shapes. These shades are best for men who have oval and round faces. Large wayfarer-shaped goggles have about 58 mm eye size, 14 to 15 mm bridge size and about 140 mm temple size.
- Aviator Sunglasses: The large-sized aviator-shaped sunglasses look overtly masculine, and men who have square-shaped faces can wear these trendy goggles to soften their noticeable jawline and cheekbones. The large aviator-shaped sunglasses have 58 mm to 66 mm eye size, 10 mm to 14 mm bridge size and 135 mm to 140 mm temple size.