Protecting your eyes from the ultra violet radiation of the sun is no trivial concern. They can cause irreversible damage to your eyes like long-term vision problems, photokeratitis (sunburn of the cornea), and retinal damage.
The first and foremost protection which you can give your eyes is by wearing sunglasses that offer 100% UV protection. UV light is broken into three types: UVA, UVB and UVC. UVC rays do not reach the earth as they are blocked by the atmosphere, while UVA and UVB rays have wavelengths upto 400 nanometres that can reach your eyes causing damage.
If sunglasses are labelled with 100% UV protection or 'UV 400', it means that they are capable of blocking all light rays up to 400 nm, giving you optimum protection.
Polarized lenses Polarized lenses offer better image clarity and cut glare. This gives you a comfortable wearing experience and better vision especially while performing any outdoor activity. Whatever be the lens colour or tint of these lenses, they will not protect your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun, until and unless they are treated for the same. However, most polarized sunglasses offer adequate UV protection as they are basically worn when you are outdoors.
PolarizedPlus2 (Patented Technology by Maui Jim)
Patented PolarizedPlus2 technology is designed to enhance your view in every sunlight condition.PolarizedPlus2 lenses wipe out 99.9% of glare and block 100% of harmful UV while boosting colour to unbelievable levels.PolarizedPlus2 is patented technology.
It contains below Multi-Layer lens which makes it unique:
1) WATERPROOF AND OLEOPHOBIC COATING Waterproof to shed water and snow. Oleophobic to repel grease and make smudges and fingerprints easier to wipe away on both the front and back of the lens.
2) ANTI-REFLECTIVE TREATMENT Blocks reflected light and annoying glare from behind to provide a clear view and eliminate eye fatigue.
3) CLEARSHELL® SCRATCH-RESISTANT TREATMENT MauiPure,™ Maui Evolution® and Polycarbonate lenses perform better longer with the added durability of our CLEARSHELL® treatment found on both the front and back of the lens.
4) COLOR ENHANCING LENSES Maui Jim’s optically correct, distortion-free lenses feature patented lens treatments or rare earth elements to infuse views with color.
5) POLARIZING FILM Eliminates reflected glare from any flat, smooth or shiny surface for a cleaner, crisper view. Makes it possible to see below the surface of the water.
6) BI-GRADIENT Adds protection against overhead and reflected glare via a protective mirror at the top and bottom of the lens that “squints” for you.
7) MAUIGRADIENT™ A darker application at the top that gradually gets lighter moving down the lens so the appropriate amount of light is allowed to filter through certain areas, while less filters through in places where protection is paramount.
1) The horizontal curvature of Prosun TAC double curvature polarized lens is greater than its vertical curvature.This structural design fits with the physiological properties of human eyeball.
2) The lens removes glare and brings clear and softer view.
3) High Strength surface and scratch resistance.
4) The TAC Polarized lens is better than regular Polarized lens